REVIEW | The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder



So today I'm reviewing a makeup product I've been very keen to get my hands on - the Body Shop Honey Bronzer! After hearing Esteé from essiebutton and numerous other beauty bloggers rave on about this, I knew I had to try it out. I picked this up for $22.95, on sale from its original price of $28.95. 

As its name suggests, this product actually contains fairtrade honey and beeswax!  The honey component claims to help moisturise the skin's surface, while the beeswax forms a protective barrier and helps retain the skin's moisture.  Seriously cool.  Plus, how cute is the packaging? The honeycomb embossed design is meant to enable product to be picked up easier by your brush.



The bronzer is available in 4 shades, and I have the darkest shade in '04 Deep Matte'.  The shade range isn't great and is probably more suited to paler skin tones.  I have medium-tan skin and this shade only just appears on my skin, so this bronzer won't be ideal for those of you with a deeper complexion unfortunately.  If you have a fairer skin tone though, this bronzer would be great as the colours aren't too orange-y or muddy.



Now to talk about why I love this bronzer.  I'm a big fan of matte bronzers, and this product is just that (hoorah!).  This makes it great for giving an all over bronze, or even contouring if that's what you desire.  It also has a silky finish and is finely milled, which means that it blends like a dream -  there's nothing worse than a streaky bronzer.  I wouldn't say this bronzer is sheer, but it's not super pigmented either.  I quite like this though, since it means I can build the colour intensity to how I want it, and swirling your brush into the pan rather than being cautious not to overdo it is always fun.  I also like to use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply this bronzer since it has a tapered end, making it so easy to blend.  The only negative thing I have to say about this product is that it doesn't last all day on my skin.  Other than that, I can't complain since this is a great quality bronzer for such a good price.  If you're on the lookout for a new bronzer and don't want to break the bank, definitely check this one out!



Keisha x 


12 comments:

  1. nice bronzer! your blog is very lovely and interesting :)

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I love it!

    foiietreves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I needed Ive been looking for a nice bronzer for ages! I love this detailed review and I think I should definitely give this one a try :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I could help, it's so hard to find a good bronzer that works for me! Thankyou so much :) x

      Delete
  4. i keep meaning to pick this up! looks great on you

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // new blog sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go out and buy this, its one of my holy grails! Thanks so much x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photo's love the bronzer looks stunning

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great :) cute blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty on you :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bronzer is so good!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete